Stained Glass Benefits
Some of the most beautiful historic homes in Austin come with unique stained glass features. Many homeowners want to maintain these windows so that they look their best for years to come. Stained Glass Austin can help you restore the stained glass in your home with our simple 6-step process.
Residential Stained Glass Restoration in Austin
- Removal: We safely remove the existing stained glass from the frame so that we can take it to our studio to restore it. During this period we leave a temporary piece of glass in its place.
- Cleaning: Once in our studio, we soak the glass in a cleaning solution to remove the grit and grime. This soaking process can last up to 2 weeks.
- Disassembly: We number each piece of glass and take careful photos so that we can recreate this puzzle with restored glass later in the process.
- Glass Replacement: Once we’ve removed all the original glass, we keep any pieces that are in good condition. If any of the pieces are chipped or cracked, we replace them with brand new glass. We do try to keep as much of the original glass as possible.
- Reassembly: Based on the photos we took in step 3, we recreate the puzzle of the stained glass design combining the old pieces and the new into a seamless representation of the original piece.
- Reinstallation: After it is reassembled, we reinstall the glass into the original frame in your home. During this process, we also install a clear pane of glass to protect the design from the elements and other potentially damaging forces.
Restoring stained glass is a worthwhile investment to make and our team of professionals can help make sure it’s done the right way. If you’re looking to restore a historic piece of stained glass in your Austin home, contact usl today!